A discussion with Lawrence Matthews
Friday, July 10, 5:00 pm at Inn on the Alameda
SANTA FE GALLERY INSIDER REVEALS SECRETS AND TIPS FOR ART COLLECTORS
Santa Fe, NM— More than fifteen years in the gallery business will teach you a lot about the ins and outs of the art world. This month, Santa Fe art dealer Lawrence Matthews reveals secrets and tips from galleries, auction houses and art conservation studios at INSIDE THE ART WORLD. The workshop is a collaboration between Matthews Gallery and Inn on the Alameda, and takes place at 303 E. Alameda Street on Friday, July 10 at 5:00 pm. It is free and open to the public.
“This event will teach you everything you’ve wanted to know but were too afraid to ask about the art world,” says Matthews. “Navigating it can be intimidating at first, but with a little inside information anyone can start an art collection.”
The topics covered will include:
•The value of art - how the price of artwork is determined?
• How the primary art market differs from the secondary market?
• The importance of provenance?
• When should conservation be considered for an artwork and what is involved
• How to insure your artwork - how much is enough?• How to receive an accurate art appraisal?
• How to negotiate the purchase of art - the do’s and don’ts?
• What are the best strategies when buying or selling art at auction
To learn more, call the gallery at 505-992-2882 or email us at email@example.com.